Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mom

I was once surrounded by to many kids in Africa. I had a break down. I ran for cover immediately. Obviously, I was not a kid person.

I just rocked my baby to sleep and I was thinking back at parenthood up to this point. We are doing something that our parents never did. Raising three children.

I started off my parenthood experience with many many bumps. With Stormie I endured over two days of labor, an emergency C-Section, pain for a year and depression that followed. I would not want to be left alone with her. My sister had to take over the mother role for a long time. I think I may have scarred her. I am still waiting on nieces and nephews.

Two years later I had my second daughter, Starr. She came early, my mom and sister were in Africa, my great grandparents were dying and she was in distress. My great-grandmother had actually proclaimed that she was done living just two months earlier. I asked if she could wait just a little bit more. I wanted her to see Starr. She did and past on just a month shy of her 100 year birthday. Her husband, Papa Payne, went on just a couple months after her. Neither of them had anything wrong with them. Mawmaw was just tired and Papa couldn't live without her.

Starr's first year is a blur to me. We had so many things that happened that year. Including my mother-in-law moving in. Don't worry, that was a good thing. ;)

Now, I have my son, Che. My little revolutionary. I can finally breathe and enjoy. I have complete peace with him and this flows over into my love for my daughters. Having three is actually easier then having just the girls.

Photobucket

Our home is filled with laughter, creativity, books and the encouragement that all five of us can shoot for the stars. We intend on doing just that.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment