Sunday, January 17, 2010

My friend circle- Edward, Bella and Jacob

This time last year I was in a deep depression. First time this has ever happened to me. I completely isolated myself from everyone. Edward, Bella and Jacob became my friend circle. I was pregnant with my son.

I only mention this because of the response that I received from my first attempt at a blog post. The simple click of the word "like" on facebook really gives confidence and a feeling of "I can do it." My project this year will be something that I never thought I would do. Hence, the confidence is needed.

Facebook also brings up some stupid things that I did as a kid. With the "throw back" week it really stirred up some things. I was dumb in sixth grade and I told my friends that I was going to get new ones in Jr High. I paid for that for two years by being completely isolated. We really didn't speak again until facebook. That would be twenty plus years. If any of you are reading this, I am truly sorry.

I think about when we are all grandparents now and if we will still be networking. Remembering facebook conversations. My old elementary friend Jennifer helped me this year by giving me tips to get my newborn asleep. I was alone that night and she was there for me. I have gotten the chance to read Lori's posts about her sons and her youngest starting Pre-K. I know that he needs a little extra attention then her oldest. Through facebook I feel like I get to be a very small part in a lot of people's lives.

Through the Adopt a Jesus tour, which has completely consumed me and almost drove me over the edge more then once, I have gotten to meet a lot of people that I would not have otherwise. Ministries that I have only read about, clipped articles about, and never dreamed I would be connected, happened this year. First Church of the Living Dead, The Asylum, JPUSA, Hot Metal Bridge Church and so many more. I have even became friends with a Cornerstone legion, Momma Linda. She came through West Virginia on her way to North Carolina from Illinois and made it a point to stop and have brunch with me. Amazing!

Facebook has even opened the door to a relationship that I never thought would be. Someone who I wanted to be in Jr High and High School. I suppose everyone has someone like that in their teenage years. She got the guy, then I got the same guy, then I found out that he wasn't the guy I wanted. Funny, how those things work.

For this blog I just want to say how thankful I am for all of you who have touched me life, been part of my life and continue to be in my life. We will see what tomorrow brings.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you had a tough time during your pregnancy. I had that, too, after Abbie was born. I really got into reading blogs back then. It was my only outlet into the "real world" because we couldn't get out and about.

    I'm not sure what your next project is, but I do know this: You CAN do it and you're going to be amazingly successful. <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aimee. You know that you are one of those who inspire me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Charessa - I must have missed this one when it was first posted - I just saw the FB post about "Dreams and opportunity..." and saw that there was one in between the first one I read and that one - I had totally forgotten about you saying that until I read it - Things happen for a reason. If you think about it, none of us stayed close once we got to Jr. High - we all went our separate ways and I don't think it was because you said that. I think regardless of whether or not you had said that we would have eventually all gone our separate ways. We were all so very different, but didn't realize it because Boreman was so small we were "forced" to be so close. That said, I wouldn't trade my Boreman days for anything, because I went to school there I have you, Becky, Kelly, Dennis, Jennifer, Johnny, Chris, and so many more people in my life that might not have been otherwise! You introduced me to Bullfrogs and Butterflies which I have in turn introduced to my kids - you were the one that always thought outside the box where I was always the conformist - I don't begrudge you for saying that - you wanted to get out spread your wings and see what else was out there - I might not have known that then, but I know that now! And it took you reminding me you said it for me to even remember! We were teenagers and we thought we knew it all - and I hope we learned a lot along the way - You are a great person, a great mom, a great wife and an even more great friend that I will cherish forever. I love that we are somewhat close again, albeit the world wide web, we are none the less at least in touch with one another! You will always be one of my very first friends and nothing can ever change that! I love you! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lori! Thanks so much! All of that is true. I guess I always just carried it on my shoulders. I have a bad habit of doing that. :)

    Yes Lori, those first friends can never be replaced. I am soooo happy that we are in touch again. Sending love my bobcat! Charessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm lagging on my blog reading in a big way, so I'm just now reading this.

    Wow, I surely don't feel like there's anything about me that would inspire me. Thank you for saying that. What a blessing today! :-)

    ReplyDelete