Monday, January 25, 2010

....continued Bugs vs Bananas

Che, my nine month old, just tried to eat a bug. My mom-in-law thought a banana would be a better choice.

We moved to a new county, knew one person, but felt like God told us to do it.

It took months to fight through the hurt, that turned into anger that led to understanding.

During this time a pastor, whom I never had met, called me about every week for almost a year. He would call just to tell me that he believed in me and to encourage me. Very strange, indeed.

As time past we became friends and he told me about a vision he had. The vision was of Jesus standing on the bridge that connects Ohio with Ravenswood, West Virginia. Jesus had his hands stretched out towards our state. I didn't have the vision but I can see it so clearly.

We had moved our expanding family to be part of an enrichment center. My friend noticed that I would actually glow whenever I would speak with a scene kid or when I was booking bands for fundraisers. Very strange.

Time past, the center didn't work out, but the real reason we were brought to this peculiar conservative town was birthed, The Bridge.

It was a place where young adults could come and be accepted. Come as you are attitude. We gave local bands and artists an outlet. We provided a meal and gave clothes and books away.

The park became my church. The scene kids my congregation. The McDonald's orange drink and the hot dogs my communion.

My daughter was even dedicated by the original lead singer of Zao with a metal band leading worship. It was beautiful and strange, indeed.

There is so much more to the story. The Holy Spirit falling in a city council meeting and I end up on the floor. A congregation condemning me on a regular basis for mixing Jesus and Rock 'n Roll. The principal of my daughter's school coming out to support. Praying with men of God on a weekly basis in this small, conservative town.

I wasn't suppose to be eating bugs. God had another plan for me and bananas taste sooo much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment